CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cross country meet!



My friend Joseph and I


The starting line up. We are all ready to race!



My school does this thing called cross country. Each school in the county pick 10 students that are the fastest and they go and compete in the race! One day my class went to p.e. and we chose a partner and we ran. One partner runs while the other partner counts how much laps you get, but you only get nine minutes. I ran 39 laps(not official size!:) in nine minutes. I really wanted to go to the race. About a week later my teacher read out which people got in. I was one of them! I was really excited that I got to race! The day of the race I tried not to eat too much so I wouldn't have a upset stomach. I was really surprised how many people were in the race! They said there was over 200 hundred people! When they blew the whistle we all sped off! It was really tiring! At the end of the race they did not tell you what place you got but at the award ceremony they would call your name out and you would get a ribbon. The only way you could get in the award ceremony is to get 1st thru 40th place. I went to the award ceremony and I got 17th place!

Here is my ribbon!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thats great, TJ! It is fun to compete; and I think you are a very good athlete!
Grandpa

Amy said...

Way to go T.J., you little speed demon! You must be really fast to get 17th place out of 200! Thanks for sharing your fun victory with us!
Aunt Amy

Mindy said...

Wahoo! Congrats TJ! 17th of 200... wow! You are really fast. I'll bet that was a fun thing to be a part of, too. I'm glad you posted on your blog. I really miss you, so it is fun to read about what you are doing. I love you!

Brittany said...

TJ that is AWESOME!! Now we are going to have 2 cross country runners in the family! Good job!! 17th place is amazing for being out of 200 people! Especially since you don't train to run long distances!!

Anonymous said...

TJ you are AWESOME! You have always been a determined and talented athlete! Great job!
We miss you!

Aunt Jenny, Uncle Scott, Carly & Adam

Carrie Hazar said...

Wow Tanner, what a great post! That is so awesome! I am so proud of you, you seem to excel in anything you put your mind to. Now I think you should challenge your daddy to a race and see what happens:). We sure love you and love to hear your stories. Keep up the blogging!

Erin said...

That is SO IMPRESSIVE! I can't believe you got 17th place out of 200 kids. Well, I mean I CAN believe that because you are (and always have been) stinkin' awesome, but it's still so COOL! :) I love you TJ! Great job! You are a speedy-gonzales! :)

Jan S said...

Hey congratulations, T! Wow - 17th out of 200! I am pretty impressed. I was so happy to see that you had posted some things about your life out there in Tennessee. I check your blog all the time so keep posting! I miss hearing about your life and love to see what you are doing. Your friend Joseph, looks like a good guy. That's cool that you have already made a friend. I MISS YOU TONS AND TONS!
Lots of love, Grandma